Most people want to know what they’re going to get when they read a blog for the first time. So, here it is:
- You’re going to get posts about faith, leadership, life and relationships. Those posts falling in the “life” category could be related to sports, or family, or books.
- You’re going to get posts that ask for your input. I’m going to ask a lot of questions. Asking questions is how I teach and counsel and lead others. So, be prepared to speak up! And recognize that others may be at a very different spot than where you are. So, please, be respectful of others and their comments.
- You’re going to get posts that aim to encourage. I learned from a young age, through my parents and a Little League coach, about the importance of encouragement. I’m not saying there won’t be disagreement. But, from my end, I’m committed to not disparaging you though I may disagree with you. I hope you make the same commitment.
- You’re going to get posts that invite you to change your life. I cannot make you change. I’ve learned that lesson. But, who wants to stay the same? I want to grow and be changed! I hope you do too.
- You’re going to get posts that are fun. Well, maybe, I cannot make that promise. But, I want to enjoy our time together. In my writing, as you’ve already seen, I insert random editorial comments. They may be my own thoughts, or a movie line, or a quote from someone somewhere. That’s who I am. When funny things come to mind, I say them. I hope this adds to, rather than detracts from, our conversation.
That’s a little of what I hope you’ll get at justcor.